Preventing Mold Growth
Air conditioners have become an inseparable part of our lives. We all like to work in a cool environment that has no humidity and air conditioners provide us that perfect environment. However, moisture is the primary byproduct of air conditioners, which in addition to dark surfaces in ac ducts, offers perfect breeding grounds for various bacteria, fungi, mold and other microorganisms.
Mold can have severe effects on the health of a person. Any surface that is damp can allow mold to grow. The most suitable areas for mold growth include AC ducts, kitchen cabinets, wallpapers, drapery, carpets, upholstery and wallpapers.
Mold can have various health implications especially on the health of individuals with various sinus-related and respiratory diseases. By inhaling an air full of mold, an individual can have various health problems or can lead to the worsening of a particular health condition. In addition, the byproducts of mold, Oxycontin can further deteriorate the immune system, triggering various allergic and respiratory problems. Here are some of the most common health hazards caused by mold –
* Redness or irritation of eyes
* Congestion in chest
* Runny nose
Since air conditioners offer the two most essential conditions for mold growth, moisture and lack of sunlight, it becomes highly crucial to have an air conditioner properly serviced. There are various do it yourself products available in the market that can help you keep a check on mold growth, however it is suggested to call AC duct cleaning services in Dubai if the problem of mold persists. However there are certain ways to prevent mold from growing. These include –
* As moisture is the main element required for the growth of mold, make sure that all the water related issues around the AC should be addressed as soon as possible to prevent mold growth. If moisture is visible around the base on an air handler, it suggests blocking of the drain pipe or the condensation hose that should be flushed immediately.
* Air conditioning filters should be regularly cleaned and they should be dried thoroughly before re installation.
* Ensure that there is no overflow in the condensation pan as it can cause water to collect on the floor causing mold to grow.
* Ensure that there is no blockage in the drainage line.
* Keep the humidity levels ranging between 40%-60%. It is recommended to use a dehumidifier especially in humid months.
* Emphasis more over damp spaces such as basements, gaps between furniture and walls.
* In case there are leaky roofs or pipes, fix them immediately.
* In case if you find mold growing on any surface, thoroughly wash it with bleach, detergent and water and dry the area completely.
In order to eliminate mold growth completely, it is necessary to get your HVAC system and ac duct checked by professional air duct cleaning services every six months. Whenever you see or smell mold, your first priority should be to get rid of it immediately. By eliminating mold growth, you ensure a healthy and nourishing environment for you as well as everyone around you.
When you have mold in your home, it can cause many types mold allergies, and sicknesses that your family does not need. It can cause so many problems, that you could eventually have to lose your home. You shouldn’t have to lose your home, due to mold growth. It may cause damage to your home, but it can be removed. Even if you have never had mold in your home, you still need to know how to keep it from forming. Don’t wait until it happens one time. Know your facts and what to do, to keep it from forming in your home. Here is a guide on how to prevent mold from forming in your home.
Removing mold does not have to be a hard thing to do. You just need to catch it before it takes over your whole home. Preventing Mold Growth does not have to be that complicated. It’s just a few things to remember and keep in your mind. Tell your family what to look for, so just in case it does happen, you can all catch it, so it will be easier to get rid of. Now, here are some steps you can take, in order to prevent the mold from forming.
* A huge thing to remember, in order to prevent mold from forming is, keeping your humidity levels in your home as low as possible. No higher than fifty percent. In order to keep it this low, you can leave an air conditioner running on low, or having a dehumidifier running all day. You need to check the humidity levels throughout the day, because of the changes in the moisture in the air temperature and the air itself.
* Make sure your home is very well ventilated. This is very important. If the weather allows you to, open up windows as much as possible. Even if you have your air running, you should still at least have your windows cracked. Also make sure your clothes dryer is well vented to outside.
* If there is a flood, make sure your home is well cleaned and dried. Do not wait any longer than twenty four hours to clean and dry. Your home will start forming mold in no time.
* Check plumbing very often. If you have a leaky pipe and it gets moisture anywhere, mold will start forming quickly.
* When cleaning your bathroom, try and use mold killers every time. Your bathroom contains lots of moisture and is a very mold producing area. Use the mold killers every time you clean it.
* If you are planning on painting any wall in your home, you can add a mold inhibitor to it.
* It is very important to remove any carpet that has been soaked by anything and cannot be dried quickly. After removing the carpet, it is a great idea to use hardwood flooring, instead of more carpet. Especially is it is a bathroom or basement, where moisture is present often.
If you believe your home is at risk for mold, try using this list to help you prevent your home from forming mold. Mold will start to form in tiny spots and smells very musty. If mold spreads, it can become very expensive to take care of and harmful to your family. So preventing it from forming in the first place is the best thing to do for you and your family.
Give us a Call: Mold Removal Doctor Austin
Mold Removal Doctor Austin
13359 North Highway
183 Suite 406-640
Austin, TX 78750
Source Here: How to Prevent Mold Growth